Disciplinary research is a type of research with the framework of a single discipline directed towards a specific goal. It is a type of research that can usually be completed within one year. Disciplinary research started many years ago, and it has been the major type of research at Hawassa University for a long time. Disciplinary research can be carried out by a single researcher or more than one researcher.
The following are the list of completed disciplinary research by Hawassa University academic staff starting from 2001/2009/10.
Completed Disciplinary Research, Hawassa University
Year: 2001 /2008/9
College of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Determinants of ITN use at household level implication to the improvement of maternal and child health status, a study to be conducted in Shebedino and Boricha Districts. Sidama Zone, SNNPR. Abraham Alano, Dejene Hailu, & Tadesse Ageheh.
- Determination of ecologically important elements in the solid waste disposal site of Addis Ababa. Hunachew Beyene.
- Estimating provider cost for treating patients with tuberculosis in Awassa Health Centre. Keneni Gutema
- Minimizing risk to the environment and human health through improving the management of the wastewater generated from Hawassa Referral Hospital and health science college. Hunachew Beyene.
- Solidarity among environmental health stakeholders: A network analysis to determine Ethiopian environmental health proceedings. Biruck Desalegn & Sileshi Behailu.
- Survey on tuberculosis first-line drugs resistant in and around Awassa. Solomon Asnake, Girum Shiferaw, & Sintayehu Fekadu.
College of Natural and Computational Sciences
- Automatic Language Identification: The Use of Statistical Approach on Selected Ethiopia’s Languages. Berhanu Borena.
- Epidemiological of goat brucellosis in South Omo, Southern Ethiopia. Rahmeto Abebe & Alemayehu Regassa.
- Evaluation model for Quality of Early Childhood Education Programs the case of Awassa and Shashemene Towns. Ayele Taye & Befekadu Gashaw.
- Evaluation of tick resistance to commonly used acaricides at ACA farms. Jemere Bekele, Kasahun Asmare, & Abebayehu Tadesse.
- KAP’s of Health Professionals towards Proper Utilization of Ionizing Radiation at Hawassa and nearby Town’s Health Institutions. Alemiye Mamo.
- Major causes of dairy cow mastitis and their antibiogram in and around Awassa dairy farms. Melsele Abera, Kasahun Aragaw & Kasahun Asmare.
- Scientific Productivity of Hawassa University: a bibliometric Assessment. Tesfaye Bayu.
- Serological study of Peste des petits Ruminants (PPR), Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia (CBPP), and Q fever in camels (Camelus dromedaries) sampled from Borana, Southern Ethiopia. Bekele Megersa.
- Study on the prevalence and worm burden of gastrointestinal nematodes of small ruminants in Dale and Hula districts, SNNPR. Rahmeto Abebe & Alemayehu Regassa
- Study on the Prevalence of Internal Parasites of Chickens in Different agro-ecological Zones of SNNPR. Abebayehu Tadesse.
- Testis weight, scrotal circumference, scrotal skin thickness, and body weight relationships to measure the reproductive potential of goats slaughtered in the Awassa area. Ethiopia. Yifat Denbarga, Kasahun Aragaw ,& Kasahun Asmare.
- The Impacts of Awareness of HIV/AIDS in Developing Safe Sex Behavior among Youth Students- The case study of regular students at Hawassa University. Ayele Taye and Befekadu Gashaw.
- The role of plant biodiversity on agro-ecosystem health and crop yield sustainability and the impact of traditional farm management practices in maintaining biodiversity: a comparative case study between different agriculture systems in Southern Ethiopia. Tamrat Andarge.